The Cambridgeshire County Council in exercise of its powers under Sections 1(1) and (2), 2(1) to (4) and 4(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the Act") as amended by the Road Traffic Regulation (Parking) Act 1986 and of all other enabling powers after consultation with the chief officer of police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the Act hereby make the following Order:
1. This Order shall come into operation on 14th. day of January 1992 and may be cited as "The County of Cambridgeshire (Stapleford Byway 5, City of Cambridge Byway 111, Fulbourn Byway 12, Babraham Byway 2, Balsham Byway 4, Little Abington Byway 1 and Hildersham Byway 1) (Prohibition of Driving) Order 1992".
2. In this Order:
"permit" means a key issued to permit holders for the purpose of gaining access through the lockable posts erected at the entrance to the length of road referred to in Article 3 of this Order;
"permit holder" means a person issued a permit by the Director of Transportation of the Cambridgeshire County Council under the provisions of Article 6 of this Order.
3. Save as provided in Article 4 of this Order, no person shall cause any vehicle to proceed in that length of The Roman Road (Stapleford Byway 5, City of Cambridge Byway 111, Fulbourn Byway 12, Babraham Byway 2, Balsham Byway 4, Little Abington Byway 1 and Hildersham 1) in the Parishes of Stapleford, Fulbourn, Babraham, Balsham, Little Abington and Hildersham in the District of South Cambridgeshire in the County of Cambridgeshire delineated on the plan attached to this Order.
4. Nothing in Article 3 of this Order shall apply so as to prevent any person from causing any vehicle to proceed on the length of road referred to in that Article if the vehicle is being used by or on behalf of a permit holder.
5. The Cambridgeshire County Council shall erect lockable posts in the positions shown on the plan attached to this Order.
6. The Director of Transportation of the Cambridgeshire County Council shall issue permits only to the following:
(i) frontagers of the length of road referred to in Article 3 of this Order;
(ii) landowners or tenants requiring access to land accessible only from the length of road referred to in Article 3;
(iii) Statutory Undertakers carrying out statutory duties on or adjacent to the length of road referred to in Article 3;
(iv) the Emergency Services;
(v) Local Authorities carrying out statutory duties on the length of road referred to in Article 3.
The COMMON SEAL of CAMBRIDGESHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL was hereunto affixed this 3rd. day of January 1992 in the presence of: